The Brimhall Family

Sunday, November 9, 2008

General Relief Society Choir




I had the opportunity to sing in the General Relief Society Choir on September 27, 2008. It was a life changing experience for me. I met a lot of neat sisters and had the opportunity almost every week to be taught from members of the General Relief Society Presidency. We also were directed one evening by a former director of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. At the meeting it was fun to sit in the Tabernacle Choir seats and read the teleprompters for the talks!


We had practices every Sunday for a couple of months. Our director, Merrilee Webb, taught us how to sing the music, but she really focused on teaching us lessons about life and ourselves. Her main goal, besides having the music sound beautiful, was to prepare, teach, and inspire us so we could deliver the message of Jesus Christ to everyone who would watch throughout the world.



All of these things...combined with many others... added to the impressions I felt during the practices, the rehearsals, and the performances have enhanced my life. I will never be the same!

The blogspot for this choir is womensconferencechoir08.blogspot.com .

5 comments:

Sarah Heller said...

Michelle that is so awesome! I wish I had known so I could look for you. You guys did an awesome job. I hope family and school is going good!

Becky said...

That is so cool you were able to sing in the choir. How did you get into it? I have always wondered how they get their choirs. ;) Hope you are doing well!

MB said...

What a great experience! I must admit, I'm a little envious.

Sarah said...

I think that is soo awesome that you did this! I know it was a big sacrifice for not only you, but your family as well. Seems like it was worth it though!

Anonymous said...

I bet that was an awesome experience.