The Brimhall Family

Saturday, July 26, 2008

We made it to Philadelphia






We made it through the 8 hour lay-over in St. Louis, Misery and arrived in Philadelphia at 3:30 am. I think we got to bed at 4:30 am. The kids were troopers - I was very surprised. They carried their backpacks and pulled their suitcases through the airport in the middle of the night. We woke up later that morning and headed off to explore Philadelphia. We had a lot of fun and could have stayed there a lot longer. We went to Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, the US Mint, and so much more. We took a "duck" tour in a truck/boat all around historical Philadelphia. Brett and I had tender feelings of being proud to be Americans. B, J, C, & N loved seeing so many of the places on National Treasure! They also couldn't get over their Dad taking us to a different state (New Jersey) to find a Baja Fresh! (We miss those in UT.)


Stay tuned for more....

7 comments:

Melinda said...

I love seeing the pics! What cute kids. It looks like you are all having a good time, I am so glad!!! I love the bunny ears that N, and J did. I am jealous you got to Philly - I never did. Wait unti you get to DC or Gettysburg...your American Pride will be even greater! Love ya all! :)

Sarah Heller said...

Michelle, I love seeing your blog! I can't imagine an 8 hour layover with four kids. You guys are ALL troopers. I wish you were being laid over in Chicago I would have brought you home for the 8 hours as we are 20 minutes from the airport. Enjoy the rest of your trip! I can't wait to see more pictures. Someday I hope we make it back to the East Coast so that we can share with our boys all of the history there.
I love you!
Sarah

Christine said...

Yeah - smiling faces! I was worried after seeing you guys stuck in the airport. Looks like you are having a great time!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a fun trip. I hope you are all having fun and learning a lot about US history. Too bad it had to start with such an awful delay in St Louis.

Chantalle said...

Yay you made it!! Fun pictures- I'm sure it was memorable!

Chris and Joy said...

Hey Michelle
I stumbled on to your blog. So good to see what fun you are up too. I miss seeing you in Pleasanton. But your new house sure looks beautiful. Looks like you are having an exciting summer. Take Care!

stephanie said...

it's so fun 'keeping up' with your family! i hope you have a wonderful trip. we visited d.c. this spring with just the big kids - super fun and we got to see my brother in action - he even gave us our tour on the capital.